Stubbs is a Premier Structural Engineering Firm specializing in the design of building structures. We have a wide variety of projects that include steel framing, concrete structures and wood. We also have an extensive practice working with contractors, steel fabricators and erectors to design methods for constructing buildings.
- Competitive salaries
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee health plans
We also offer professional development training and opportunities to expand training.
Stubbs Engineering, Inc. complies with the equal employment opportunity laws of the United states and therefore do not discriminate against any status protected by the law.
|Las Cruces, NM Office||El Paso, TX Office||Ft. Worth, TX Office|
|None available at this time.||Team Leader/ Senior Structural Engineer||None available at this time.|
More Information About Available Jobs
As Team Leader, you will be responsible for supervising the members of your team to include scheduling activities, mentoring junior team members and providing clients with quality projects. You will be developing new clients and pursuing Business Development opportunities. You will ultimately be responsible for the satisfaction of our clients and the financial success of the team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Oversee our El Paso location and staff, while being responsible for three key areas:
- Supervises a team 2 to 4 employees drafters and engineers.
- Responsibilities includes training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Primary point of contact for clients. Must meet client expectations.
- Determines budget and time schedules for proposed work.
- Delegates tasks to project team members.
- Checks all work for general appearance, completeness, and accuracy.
- Conducts meetings with clients, and issues correspondence to ensure project work is processed in accordance with the client’s contract.
- Identifies prospective clients, and in conjunction with the Senior Management, arranges to make contact to pursue work.
- Takes lead role in the proposal, negotiation, and contract processes.
- Maintains working relationship with clients after project completion to secure potential work in the future.
Certifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an ABET accredited engineering program. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project design/management.
- Professional Registration in the states of Texas and New Mexico or the ability to become registered through reciprocity within 6 months of accepting position required.
General Job Duties:
- Ability to supervise structural engineering work.
- Occasional travel is required
- Ability to work additional/ nonstandard hours, as required
- Willing to work hard to achieve success personally and professionally
- Great communication skills between both employees and clients; in both verbal and written form
- Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accurate results
- Able to understand complex problems and collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
- Comfortable preforming in an environment that requires both independent and collaborative judgement, evaluations, and decision making
- Preform other job duties as assigned
Proficient in the following software’s (or willing to learn):
- Risa 3D, Risa 2D and Risa Connection
- Microsoft Office Suite
Physical requirements may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations mat me made to enable individuals with disabilities to preform essential functions. While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is required to often stand, walk, sit, and use their hands and fingers to handle manipulate keys on a keyboard or use a computer mouse.
The employee is often required to attend site visits where they must navigate uneven terrain, to reach with hands, climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds.
Email Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org